MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL FOR 2017-2018
It’s that time of year — as in time to renew your AAUW membership. As an AAUW member whose state and branch has opted to participate in the Membership Payment Program (MPP), you have an option of paying all of your dues – branch, state, and national – at once and online with a credit card. There are two ways to renew your membership online:
1) When you receive an email from memberinfo @aauw.org with a dues reminder, click on the link in the body of the email and it will take you to the page to pay your dues. If all the information in the national database is correct, the email will be sent the first week of April. If you think there is an error in the amount that you owe, please contact AAUW using the information shown in this email.
2) If you DO NOT receive this email, you can access aauw.org, choose “join” from the very top right, (or any of the other links on the page that say join), then choose the join/renew button on the next page. You will need to login to access the Membership Payment Program. If this is the first time to access the site, you will be asked to register. If you do not know your membership ID, there is an option to access it. You will then have an option to pay your dues online with a credit card. Make sure you include State and Branch.
New Members – How to Join
Joining AAUW is easy, and where you take that membership is up to you. You can engage in your community branch on the front lines or you can join a virtual AAUW community online; whatever your level of involvement, your membership supports and furthers AAUW’s mission to advance equity for women and girls. Contact Sheila Jaynes – firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to become a member of the West Harris County Branch of AAUW.
Just the facts
- Who can join?
- Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, e.g. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- What type of membership is available?
- National membership: Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only online publications.
- Branch members: Do you want to make a direct impact in your community? Consider joining a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area. Includes national membership.
- Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF): Designed by and for women in their 20s and 30s, YWTF offers young women an opportunity to take action on issues that matter most to them.
- Student affiliation: If your college is already a partner member, you can be a student affiliate for free! If not, bring AAUW to your campus by starting an AAUW student organization!
- How much are dues?
- AAUW National membership annual dues are $49 (promotional and other rates may vary).
- If you choose to join an AAUW affiliate, additional dues may apply.
- Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return