February is the month of Valentine’s Day, President’s Day (Abe & George), and it is the month candidates are introduced for branch election in March. Mary Smith and Diana Guarniere reviewed the strength of AAUW women of the past at our January Meeting. It has taken women with persistence to obtain equality in a male oriented society. It takes great strength and determination to make changes and we must actively get involved to do so. Compared to many AAUW branches, WHC is a large branch. We have an opportunity to make our size count in our community as it did during the Expanding Your Horizons years. This is a great time to support new board members and get involved in events and activities coming up in 2024-2025 year. At the January meeting we also had two new members join. Please welcome Mitzi Snell and Kathy Bliss. Happy “almost Spring”!
Why join AAUW? https://www.aauw.org/resources/member/why-join/
The AAUW/West Harris County membership for 2022-2023 will be coming to an end in June.
RENEW, RENEW, RENEW! Go online to aauw.org and renew if possible or send check to Diana Tiberia (22223 Coriander Drive, Katy, TX 77450) after June 15th. The National dues are: $72.00, State: $13.00 and WHC: $11.00 for a total of $ 96.00 this year. Dues MUST BE PAID by July 30 to be included in the West Harris County Directory. If you are a new member since July 2022, your dues expire on the anniversary of the month in which you joined. Any questions, please call me at 281-558-5666.
Please start talking to prospective members about joining. Our August New Member Coffee on August 19, 2023 will be a great time to join or renew.
Carolyn Stoffel, Membership Vice-President
New Members Coffee – Save the Date: August 19th, 2023
We will be gathering to welcome new members, potential members, former members, and current members at our Coffee in August. Mark your calendars or August 19th.
Be sure to send names of potential members to Carolyn Stoffel so that they receive personal invitations.
- Would you like to have your name published in a new book?
- Would you like for your friends to look at your collegiate history and think,
- “Wow! What a prestigious string of letters follows the name of my dear friend!
I am constantly in awe of her!”
Well, this thrill can be yours with the 2024-25 edition of the award-winning, bestselling AAUW WHC Branch Directory! It’s time to start compiling this coveted publication.
Dropped your land line?
You, too, can be included by name in this blockbuster local hit!
Don’t miss out!
Do it now!
(Actual results may vary. Void where prohibited.)
AAUW-WHC is an organization of many hard working members. Mary Andersen, Diana Tiberia, and Pam Doan have done a mammoth job of getting renewed and new members into the 2023-2024 Directory. Many phone calls and emails to remind members to renew membership paid off. Not only does West Harris County Branch want to maintain members, but we also want to grow and we have at the Membership Coffee. Thank you to those members that sponsored new members. We welcome new members anytime.
Just the facts
- Who can join?
- Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, e.g. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- What type of membership is available?
- National membership: Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only online publications.
- Branch members: Do you want to make a direct impact in your community? Consider joining a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area. Includes national membership.
- Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF): Designed by and for women in their 20s and 30s, YWTF offers young women an opportunity to take action on issues that matter most to them.
- Student affiliation: If your college is already a partner member, you can be a student affiliate for free! If not, bring AAUW to your campus by starting an AAUW student organization!
- How much are dues?
- AAUW National membership annual dues are $49 (promotional and other rates may vary).
- If you choose to join an AAUW affiliate, additional dues may apply.
- Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.
The information below is important for all NEW West Harris County Branch members.
If you are an existing member and still need to order, please follow the instructions below. We’re hearing more reports everyday about how nice it is to have portable name tags to wear to all the AAUW functions.
Go To – AAUW.source4.com
Select – Wear AAUW (the first item) Ordering your name tag is easy and wearing it helps us get to know you.
Select – Photo of the Name Tag
Select – Pin or Magnet – ($8.00 for pin closing and $10.00 for magnetic closing)
Select – Quantity
Select – “Customize” and fill in the information requested (name, university, and name of branch) Refer to example above
Make sure the information for the name badge is correct and proceed to checkout