Lisa Arthur Trish Brice Judy Davis
Penny Gaither Donna Harshman Janet Kennedy
Jan Lewis Patricia Loeffer Marjorie Pierce
Marie Rem Wendy Stackel Georgiana Zustovich
Attention New Member Sponsors
Thank you to all the members who recently sponsored new members for our West Harris County Branch. I would like to ask all members and especially those who were sponsors to keep in touch with the new members and, assist them in getting involved in the various activities that our branch offers. Invite them to join you in some of the activities in which you participate. Do all you can to assist them in getting involved in the activities that interest them. Encourage our new members to attend branch programs once a month as most of them will be on Saturday morning this coming year.
Please send the names of prospective AAUW members to Jo Glidewell at email@example.com
Jo Glidewell, Membership Chairman
Just the facts
- Who can join?
- Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, e.g. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- What type of membership is available?
- National membership: Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only online publications.
- Branch members: Do you want to make a direct impact in your community? Consider joining a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area. Includes national membership.
- Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF): Designed by and for women in their 20s and 30s, YWTF offers young women an opportunity to take action on issues that matter most to them.
- Student affiliation: If your college is already a partner member, you can be a student affiliate for free! If not, bring AAUW to your campus by starting an AAUW student organization!
- How much are dues?
- AAUW National membership annual dues are $49 (promotional and other rates may vary).
- If you choose to join an AAUW affiliate, additional dues may apply.
- Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.
The information below is important for all NEW West Harris County Branch members.
If you are an existing member and still need to order, please follow the instructions below. We’re hearing more reports everyday about how nice it is to have portable name tags to wear to all the AAUW functions.
Go To – AAUW.source4.com
Select – Wear AAUW (the first item) Ordering your name tag is easy and wearing it helps us get to know you.
Select – Photo of the Name Tag
Select – Pin or Magnet – ($8.00 for pin closing and $10.00 for magnetic closing)
Select – Quantity
Select – “Customize” and fill in the information requested (name, university, and name of branch) Refer to example above
Make sure the information for the name badge is correct and proceed to checkout