February is American Heart Month according to the American Heart Association and the card makers of America! We have eleven members that showed great big hearts during the Holidays by checking in with our WHC Branch members. There were some addresses pending and some health issues noted from these calls. Both reasons enough to keep in touch with our member base
It has been a rough couple of years for personal contact, but these calls can lift spirits, note changes, and offer help if needed. We have six Dual membership members plus two that, although they have moved from the Houston area still maintain full membership in WHC Branch. These members add strength to the mission of AAUW and especially to West Harris County Branch.
Thank you to the wonderful members that helped to contact our membership. It is amazing what a phone call or card can do to make a day a little brighter for some people. Please let me know if you have a name of prospective member or a WHC member in need of help.
Just the facts
- Who can join?
- Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, e.g. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- What type of membership is available?
- National membership: Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only online publications.
- Branch members: Do you want to make a direct impact in your community? Consider joining a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area. Includes national membership.
- Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF): Designed by and for women in their 20s and 30s, YWTF offers young women an opportunity to take action on issues that matter most to them.
- Student affiliation: If your college is already a partner member, you can be a student affiliate for free! If not, bring AAUW to your campus by starting an AAUW student organization!
- How much are dues?
- AAUW National membership annual dues are $49 (promotional and other rates may vary).
- If you choose to join an AAUW affiliate, additional dues may apply.
- Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.
The information below is important for all NEW West Harris County Branch members.
If you are an existing member and still need to order, please follow the instructions below. We’re hearing more reports everyday about how nice it is to have portable name tags to wear to all the AAUW functions.
Go To – AAUW.source4.com
Select – Wear AAUW (the first item) Ordering your name tag is easy and wearing it helps us get to know you.
Select – Photo of the Name Tag
Select – Pin or Magnet – ($8.00 for pin closing and $10.00 for magnetic closing)
Select – Quantity
Select – “Customize” and fill in the information requested (name, university, and name of branch) Refer to example above
Make sure the information for the name badge is correct and proceed to checkout