Thank you to all the wonderful members that volunteered to call fellow members to check on them after the freeze. We did have a few members that had some pipe problems and hopefully plumbers and whoever else was needed have put things back together. Spring is in the air!
It is almost time for membership renewal. Please keep in mind that National has proposed an increase in dues and some by-law changes. There will be an announcement in your email soon about a discussion via Zoom concerning by-law changes.
Other news is we are going to think positive that come August we will be able to have our Membership Coffee IN PERSON! We will announce the date and place as soon as our venue is confirmed. Until then, wear your mask, wash hands, and stay safe so we can keep the virus numbers down and celebrate together.
Time to Think About Dues Again!
This has been a rough year for our branch and I for one am looking forward to resuming normal activities, with real people. We have zoomed and laughed together for a long time, and soon we may be meeting in person again. It is going to be wonderful to build our relationships back up with all the activities in West Harris County groups.
Our yearly dues are coming, well, due, soon, and payments made after March 15 will count for the coming fiscal year, July 2021-June 2022.
You can send a check to me, Diane Roberts, if you wish, and I will take care of the renewal, but soon you will be receiving a personalized email from AAUW national, and you can pay with a credit or debit card, with the link in that email, or mail it to me directly. The national portion of the dues is $62, state dues are $13, and West Harris County dues are $11, for a total of $86. If a person already a member of another branch wants to join with us, dual memberships are $11.
Send checks to Diane Roberts, 5607 Saint Paul St., Bellaire, Tx77401, or look for a dues renewal email that will be coming from the AAUW national office.
Just the facts
- Who can join?
- Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, e.g. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- What type of membership is available?
- National membership: Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only online publications.
- Branch members: Do you want to make a direct impact in your community? Consider joining a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area. Includes national membership.
- Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF): Designed by and for women in their 20s and 30s, YWTF offers young women an opportunity to take action on issues that matter most to them.
- Student affiliation: If your college is already a partner member, you can be a student affiliate for free! If not, bring AAUW to your campus by starting an AAUW student organization!
- How much are dues?
- AAUW National membership annual dues are $49 (promotional and other rates may vary).
- If you choose to join an AAUW affiliate, additional dues may apply.
- Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.
The information below is important for all NEW West Harris County Branch members.
If you are an existing member and still need to order, please follow the instructions below. We’re hearing more reports everyday about how nice it is to have portable name tags to wear to all the AAUW functions.
Go To – AAUW.source4.com
Select – Wear AAUW (the first item) Ordering your name tag is easy and wearing it helps us get to know you.
Select – Photo of the Name Tag
Select – Pin or Magnet – ($8.00 for pin closing and $10.00 for magnetic closing)
Select – Quantity
Select – “Customize” and fill in the information requested (name, university, and name of branch) Refer to example above
Make sure the information for the name badge is correct and proceed to checkout