ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS
It has been an honor to serve as Membership Vice President for the last two years. I have enjoyed getting to know a large number of the West Harris County Branch members and have come to understand what a valuable organization we have in our AAUW branch. As you may know, your prospective member recommendations are our primary source of enhancing the membership. You will soon be asked to submit prospective member names to Jo Glidewell, our incoming Membership VP. Please spend some time thinking of suitable names that you would like to give to Jo. Your prospective member recommendations will be invited to our August Membership Coffee which will be held on Saturday morning, August 25, 2018. Please make plans to attend the Coffee with your prospective members.
Sheila Jaynes, Membership Vice President
MEMBERSHIP RENEWAL FOR 2017-2018
Your current AAUW membership will expired on June 30, 2017. The cost to renew as a branch, state, and national member is $83. As an AAUW member whose state and branch has opted to participate in the Membership Payment Program (MPP), you have the option of paying all of your dues – branch, state, and national – at once and online with a credit card. When you receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a dues reminder, click on the link in the body of the email and it will take you to the page to pay your dues. Or, you may renew by check made out to AAUW-West Harris County and mailed to the branch finance officer. Send to:
5607 St. Paul Street
Bellaire, TX 77401
Diane Roberts, Finance Officer
The information below is important for all NEW West Harris County Branch members.
If you are an existing member and still need to order, please follow the instructions below. We’re hearing more reports everyday about how nice it is to have portable name tags to wear to all the AAUW functions.
Go To – AAUW.source4.com
Select – Wear AAUW (the first item) Ordering your name tag is easy and wearing it helps us get to know you.
Select – Photo of the Name Tag
Select – Pin or Magnet – ($8.00 for pin closing and $10.00 for magnetic closing)
Select – Quantity
Select – “Customize” and fill in the information requested (name, university, and name of branch) Refer to example above
Make sure the information for the name badge is correct and proceed to checkout
I will be glad to assist persons who have trouble ordering their name tags online.
Sheila Jaynes, Membership VP
New Members – How to Join
Joining AAUW is easy, and where you take that membership is up to you. You can engage in your community branch on the front lines or you can join a virtual AAUW community online; whatever your level of involvement, your membership supports and furthers AAUW’s mission to advance equity for women and girls. Contact Sheila Jaynes – email@example.com for information on how to become a member of the West Harris County Branch of AAUW.
Just the facts
- Who can join?
- Membership is open to anyone holding an associate’s (or equivalent, e.g. RN), bachelor’s, or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- What type of membership is available?
- National membership: Become a national member and connect through our website, plus enjoy special members-only online publications.
- Branch members: Do you want to make a direct impact in your community? Consider joining a local or virtual branch of AAUW, or start one in your area. Includes national membership.
- Younger Women’s Task Force (YWTF): Designed by and for women in their 20s and 30s, YWTF offers young women an opportunity to take action on issues that matter most to them.
- Student affiliation: If your college is already a partner member, you can be a student affiliate for free! If not, bring AAUW to your campus by starting an AAUW student organization!
- How much are dues?
- AAUW National membership annual dues are $49 (promotional and other rates may vary).
- If you choose to join an AAUW affiliate, additional dues may apply.
- Tax Deductibility: Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, most of your national dues are tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return